Wednesday, May 29, 2013

One For Bad?

Today's run: 6 km. Weather: overcast. Feeling: see grumpy cat meme below.

There are some days when I feel lousy, but then I go for a run and everything gets better. But then there are other days when I feel lousy, go for a run - and it makes everything worse.

Today was the latter.


I'm not sure if this morning's shitty run was due to bad diet, poor hydration, or just plain ol' tired legs. But it sure set the tone for the rest of the day. It's a shame, really, because there were some really great things that happened today. That bad run just poisoned the well.

In true John Stanton-style, he posted this quote on Facebook yesterday: 

"A tough run can destroy you, define you, or improve you...it’s your choice."

(Stupid John Stanton. He don't know what he's talkin' 'bout! Just kidding.)

Today's tough run definitely destroyed me but I know that good things always come with bad. Here's to hoping these bad runs vamoose sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment