Saturday, May 25, 2013

It Begins...Again

Welcome to marathon training!

My marathon training schedule starts this weekend in earnest. So begins 18 weeks of steadily increasing mileage and trying to not hurt myself like I did last spring

Hmm, stairs. Not yet.
© photos.uc.wisc.edu
Starting a new training schedule always feels a little daunting. I know I've done it before, but yet there is still apprehension in beginning again. Each time I think, "Am I crazy to be doing this?" But because I've asked myself that question, I know that it's the right thing to do.

Today's run: 10 km. Weather: overcast. Feeling: a little run-down (still recovering from that nasty cough and cold I had these past couple of weeks) but overall, glad to have been out there today.

More updates to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment